COVID-19 CHANGES TO WMSD OFFICE:
OFFICE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
The District encourages the use of our walk-up service window for all regular business transactions. We will accept all forms of payment including cash, check or credit card through the service window. Please call our office at (970)-249-1686 to make an appointment with staff members for all other inquiries.
If you have a sewer emergency or need to report a Sanitary Sewer Overflow, please page our staff at (970) 257-3035.
NEED TO PAY YOUR BILL?
- Click on the PAY ONLINE icon to make your payment online (fee will apply).
- Come to the new service window during business hours.
- Call the office at (970)249-1686 to pay with a card or e-check.
- Place payment in an envelope with your name, service address and/or account number and simply drop through the slot in the front office door.
Monthly payments are due on the 25th of each month. Late fees may apply after this date.
Current Board Meeting & Agenda
The next monthly meeting of the WMSD Board of Directors scheduled for Wednesday, June 16, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. will be held at the District office at 239 Chipeta Rd. Click here for the current agenda.
The West Montrose Sanitation District was created on April 3, 1974 as a Special District under Title 32 of the Colorado Revised Statutes.
Until that time, residences and commercial establishments within the District boundaries were served by individual septic tanks and leach field systems. High groundwater levels and unfavorable soil conditions were causing these systems to fail, making repairs and maintenance expensive and difficult. The failing of septic systems coupled with the future growth potential in the area are what led to the District’s creation. The West Montrose District:
- Located West of the Uncompahgre River and is bordered by the river and Spring Creek Mesa.
- The District is limited to serve 3,000 taps. Currently about 1,854 taps have been sold.
- WMSD maintains approximately 26 miles of sewer line and over 500 manholes and cleanouts.
- Operates and maintains an Aqua-Aerobic AquaSBR® Sequencing Batch Reactor, permitted to discharge 0.7 million gallons per day (MGD) of flow.
- Operates and maintains the only permitted Septage Receiving Facility in Montrose County.
- Trash Service
- Local Information
- Water Service
- Irrigation Water Service